High Street, Lower Hutt. ca1948
Shows a car travelling along the street, with pedestrians crossing the road and other cars parked nearby.
At the time this image was taken (1948), the building on the corner of High Street and Laings Road stood as the Council chambers. The building originally served as the Post Office and was opened in 1906. In 1943 a new Post Office was opened on the corner of Andrews Ave and High St.
The former Post Office became the Council Chambers until it was demolished in 1957, after the erection of new Council Chambers and Town Hall further along Laings Road.
All prints are made to order (typically within 3 - 5 days)
High quality fine art print on smooth (hot press) matte art paper using Epson UltraChrome archival inks. All frames are 100% NZ made from plantation grown timber.